August 16, 2020 | From the Series: Underground Church
Underground Church: An Overview
Persecution for our Christian lives can be a scary thought, and those all over the world in the underground and persecuted church encourage us with their joy and boldness despite dire circumstances.
Stats From Sermon:
- 260 Million: In the top 50 World Watch List countries alone, 260 million Christians in the world experience high levels of persecution for their choice to follow Christ.
- 1 in 9: Christians worldwide experience high levels of persecution.
- 6%: The rise in the number of Christians in the top 50 countries on the 2020 World Watch List (WWL) who experience high levels of persecution. (from the 2019 reporting period to 2020’s)
- 2,983 Christians killed for their faith.
- 9,488 churches and other Christian buildings attacked.
- 3,711 believers detained without trial, arrested, sentenced or imprisoned.