Fall 2021 Class Offerings
Foundations of Parenting: School Years
This class is designed for parents of elementary school aged children.
Parenting is hard. How can I lay a foundation that will prepare them to understand authority and relationships? How can we establish healthy family rhythms and relationships that allow us to pour into them for years to come? Registration is required. Food will be provided.
- Friday, September 10th from 6:30p - 8:30p
- Saturday, September 11th from 9:00a - 3:00p
- Monday, September 13th from 6:30p - 8:30p
- Monday, September 20th from 6:30p - 8:30p
- Monday, September 27th from 6:30p - 8:30p
- Monday, October 4th from 6:30p - 8:30p
Parents of elementary school aged children.
How do I have conversations about salvation with my kids? How do I know if they get it? Are they ready to be baptized? Diana Parker, our Children’s Minister, will share the Gospel with kids and parents, then will lead parents through this process, giving principles to navigate these conversations and lead our kids to know and trust Jesus. Lunch will be provided.
- Sunday, September 12th from 12:30p - 2:30p
Age of Opportunity: Raising Teens Discussion
Parents of teenagers
We have all heard it: The teen years are hard! But the goal of these years is not just survival. How can we see these years as an opportunity to shape them and prepare them for independence? How should we balance authority and relationship? How do we begin to release them while still leading them as God designed? Each month we will discuss tangible ways to navigate these years well.
- Wednesday, September 1st from 6:30p - 8:00p
- Wednesday, October 6th from 6:30p - 8:00p
- Wednesday, November 3rd from 6:30p - 8:00p
- Wednesday, December 1st from 6:30p - 8:00p
Keeping your Teens on God’s Side: Parent Apologetics
Parents of teenagers
Our teens are constantly bombarded by messages from the world that contradict what God says. What are the questions teens are asking? As a parent, how can you help them navigate such difficult questions? Each month this Fall, we will discuss some of these difficult topics. We will be using Natasha Crain’s book, Keeping Your Kids on God's Side: 40 Conversations to Help Them Build a Lasting Faith. Topics include such critical areas as whether God exists, and how we can be sure, the nature of heaven and hell, gender issues and many more. Your input will be critical in figuring out what hot-button topics we choose to address!
- Wednesday, September 15th from 6:30p - 8:00p
- Wednesday, October 20th from 6:30p - 8:00p
- Wednesday, November 17th from 6:30p - 8:00p
- Wednesday, December 15th from 6:30p - 8:00p
It takes a Community. As you raise kids, having a like-minded community to help you navigate these years is critical. Join a LifeGroup and start building that community.